Thursday, March 20, 2014

Dayton Flyers, Baby!

Our first game of the day ends in an upset, and one I actually predicted.  This is the high point and I will revel in it, for now.  And, as I predicted, Wisconsin has dismantled American and Pitt is destroying Colorado, so I could start off 3 for 3.  But Harvard is up 5 early over Cincinnati, so the syncrasticity between my perfect bracket and perfection in this universe may be transitory. Sic transit gloria bracket.

How about the next set of games?

(3) Syracuse vs. (14) Western Michigan

I've got Western Michigan here, but this has more to do with how Syracuse looked the last couple of weeks and my excessive propensity for upsets than any knowledge I have about the Broncos.  I'm hoping for some early coach-hating behavior from the Orange.

(7) Oregon vs. (10) BYU

After the Foofraw Fiasco a few years ago, I swore never again to pick a team from the Beehive State to win a game in the tournament.  Given my abiding dislike of BYU, this is easy.  Go Ducks!

(1) Florida vs. (16) Albany

No matter how much this is an upset devoutly to be wished. I can't see it happening.  If Albany wins, I will renounce root beer.

(4) Michigan St. vs. (13) Delaware

The Spartans are everybody's trendy Final Four pick, as well as many's national champ (I'm looking at you, Barack). This disrepects my Cavaliers and I will not have it.  So even though I know better than to pick against Tom Izzo in March, I'm all in. Go Blue Hens! 

No comments:

Post a Comment